Enhancing Academic Library Collections ARPA Grant
Application window for this grant is now closed.
The State Library is providing small grants to Oregon’s community colleges and smaller universities to enhance their collections to meet the needs of historically and currently underserved and under-resourced student populations.
The application period will open December 1, 2021 and will close January 31, 2022.
Funds will be distributed in advance and recipients will be expected to commit to spending the entire grant amount to the penny. All funds must be expended and invoices/receipts submitted to the State Library by June 30, 2022.
Who may apply
Academic libraries at the following institutions:
- Blue Mountain Community College
- Central Oregon Community College
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clakamas Community College
- Clatsop Community College
- Columbia Gorge Community College
- Klamath Community College
- Lane Community College
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Mount Hood Community College
- Oregon Coast Community College
- Portland Community College
- Rogue Community College
- Southwestern Oregon Community College
- Tillamook Bay Community College
- Treasure Valley Community College
- Umpqua Community College
- Eastern Oregon University
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- Southern Oregon University
- Western Oregon University
What you can spend grant funds on
Each institution may request up to $5,000. Projects must support availability of and/or access to resources that benefit historically and currently underserved student communities. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Purchasing print materials
- Increasing access to print materials
- Expanding online collections [Note: grant funds cannot be used on subscriptions and licenses that extend beyond the grant period]
- Strengthening online access to collections
- Building up course reserve collections
- Purchasing technology or equipment for checkout
See Allowable Costs for information on what can and cannot be purchased with LSTA funds.
- December 1, 2021 - Applications open
- January 31, 2022 - Applications close
- February 4, 2022 - Applicants notified of funding status
- March 1, 2022 - Grantees receive funds
- July 31, 2022 - Deadline for grantees to spend funds and submit final report, including receipts
What you will be required to do, if awarded a grant
- Acknowledge the funding source on any public-facing information or resources purchases made with these grant funds
- Contact the State Library if you need to make changes to your project and/or budget
- Spend ALL grant funds by July 31, 2022
- Submit a final report, including receipts for purchases, by July 31, 2022
How to Apply
All applicants must apply through the State Library of Oregon’s online grants portal. You may preview the application before applying.